Lean IT Foundation helps IT organizations to ensure that they provide their customers with the best possible services. Through understanding customer value, the processes that deliver this value, the way to manage performance, the way to organize and the required attitude and behavior, IT organizations can better develop a continuous improvement mind-set. Lean IT is complementary to all other best practice methods.
Upon completion of the training and examination related to this qualification, a successful candidate will be familiar with the principles of the Lean philosophy and in particular with the application of this philosophy within an IT-environment. Specifically the candidate should understand:
- The principles underlying the Lean philosophy
- The importance of understanding and delivering customer value
- The way Lean looks at processes and the waste within them
- How to measure performance and the key determinants of performance
- What the organizational requirements are when implementing Lean, including the use of visual management tools
- Which behavior and attitude is necessary for Lean to be successful within an IT organization
- The DMAIC problem-solving model
- How these Lean principles can be applied within an IT organization
The Lean IT Foundation course is a two-day session touching the topics covered in the Lean IT Foundation exam. Some self-study is required to be successful on the exam, including review of material from the text (see Learning Objectives below) and attempting the sample exam.
Evidence of participation in an accredited Lean IT Foundation training course is required to sit for the exam.
The Lean IT Foundation course and exam provide an introductory understanding and practical guidance on leveraging Lean concepts in an organization.
The Lean IT Foundation exam tests candidates at Bloom Level 1 (Remembering) and Level 2 (Understanding).
- Type: Multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 40
- Passing score: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Closed book/closed notes
- Allotted time: 60 minutes
All professionals who deliver value to customers through development, delivery, operation, and promotion of services are encouraged to learn about Lean IT. The Lean IT Foundation course and exam are relevant for professionals operating in organizations that need to optimize processes to more efficiently deliver value to customers.
The course and exam cover the basics of Lean IT. The Lean IT Foundation Publication and Glossary is the text for the course and the basis for the exam. It is available for free download on the Lean IT Association website. Topics include:
- Introduction of Lean - Know and understand the historical development of Lean, the key principles underlying Lean and the dimensions for structuring Lean IT
- Customer - Know and understand the key components of the Customer dimension
- Process - Know and understand the key aspects of the Process dimension
- Performance - Know and understand the key aspects of the Performance dimension
- Lean Organization - Know and understand the key aspects of the Organization dimension
- Behavior & Attitude - Know and understand the key aspects of the Behavior & Attitude dimension
- Problem Solving and Kaizen -Know and understand the key aspects of Problem Solving / Kaizen
Ready to learn how to optimize with Lean IT?
Contact us to learn more about the Lean IT Foundation course and exam.