ITIL 4 takes you through a service value system which provides a holistic picture of what it really means to contribute to business value.
The Foundation level is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables candidates to look at IT service management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
ITIL 4 Foundation candidates will have an understanding of the following:
- A holistic approach to the co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The Guiding Principles of ITIL 4
- The Four Dimensions of service management
- Key concepts from Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
The ITIL 4 Foundation course is a two-day session touching the topics covered in the ITIL 4 Foundation exam. Some self-study is required to be successful on the exam, including review of material from the text (see Learning Objectives below) and attempting the sample exam.
While some familiarity with service management concepts is helpful, there are no prerequisites for taking the ITIL 4 Foundation course.
The ITIL 4 Foundation course and exam provide a foundational introduction to service management and the ITIL best practice guidance.
The ITIL 4 Foundation exam tests candidates at Bloom Level 1 (Remembering) and Level 2 (Understanding).
- Type: Multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 40
- Passing score: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Closed book/closed notes
- Allotted time: 60 minutes
All professionals who deliver value to customers through development, delivery, operation, and promotion of services are encouraged to explore ITIL 4. Both new and experienced professionals should find ITIL 4 useful, including students looking to enter service management, managers, service owners and service managers, executives, and IT professionals.
The course and exam cover the basics of service management and the ITIL 4 guidance. ITIL® Foundation, ITIL 4 edition is the text for the course and the basis for the exam. Topics include:
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL practices
- Understand 7 ITIL practices
Ready to find out more?
Contact us to learn more about the ITIL 4 Foundation course and exam.