The purpose of the ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve module is to provide individuals with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organization, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
The module covers the influence and impact of Agile and Lean ways of working, and how they can be leveraged to an organization’s advantage.
The ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve course is a three-day session touching the topics covered in the ITIL 4 Strategist exam. Some self-study is required to be successful on the exam, including review of material from the text (see Learning Objectives below) and attempting the sample exam.
Candidates must hold the ITIL 4 Foundation certificate to take the ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve course and exam.
The ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve course and exam provide a practical and strategic method for planing and delivering continual improvement with the agility necessary in our digital age.
The ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve exam tests candidates at Bloom Level 2 (Understanding) and Level 3 (Application).
- Type: Multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 40
- Passing score: 70% (28 out of 40)
- Closed book/closed notes
- Allotted time: 90 minutes
ITIL Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve is aimed at:
- IT and digital managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team or service.
- For those planning work, improving products, or managing organizational change.
- IT professionals interfacing with governance, risk and compliance.
This course is also required for those seeking either the ITIL Managing Professional or ITIL Strategic Leader designation.
The course and exam cover the concepts discussed in the publication as well as the ITIL Practices Guidance. ITIL 4 Managing Professional Direct, Plan and Improve is the text for the course and the basis for the exam. Topics include:
- Understand the key concepts of Direct, Plan & Improve
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context
- Understand the role of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of continual improvement for all types of improvements
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of communication and organizational change management to direction, planning and improvement
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of measurement and reporting in direction, planning and improvement
- Understand and know how to direct, plan and improve value streams and practices
Ready to find out more?
Contact us to learn more about the ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan & Improve course and exam.