The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition module is designed to allow those with significant training in ITIL v3 to leverage existing knowledge and certificates to achieve the ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation. Experienced professionals can earn the ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation by completing the five-day course and passing the associated exam.
Note that this course and exam will be retired on June 30, 2022.
The module covers the new key material introduced in ITIL 4 Foundation as well as from the following ITIL 4 Managing Professional courses/texts:
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition course is a five-day session touching the key topics covered in the new ITIL 4 Managing Professional courses. Some self-study is required to be successful on the exam, including review of material from the texts (see Learning Objectives below) and attempting the sample exam.
Candidates must hold the ITIL v3 Expert certificate or have 17 credits in the ITIL v3 scheme to take the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition course and exam.
While having the ITIL 4 Foundation certificate is not required, it is strongly recommended.
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition course and exam provides an expedient track to update knowledge gained through ITIL v3 courses and certificates with the key elements in the ITIL 4 guidance.
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition exam tests candidates at Bloom Level 2 (Understanding) and Level 3 (Application).
- Type: Multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 40
- Passing score: 70% (28 out of 40)
- Closed book/closed notes
- Allotted time: 90 minutes
ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition is aimed at existing service management professionals with significant training in ITIL v3. These professionals can leverage their existing knowledge and learn the updated content in the ITIL 4 guidance.
The course and exam cover the concepts discussed in the Foundation and Managing Professional publications. It does not focus on the ITIL Practices Guidance, as that information is covered in the ITIL v3 Intermediate exams. The ITIL 4 Managing Professional volumes are the texts for the course and the basis for the exam. Topics include:
- ITIL 4 Foundation
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization to adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- Create, Deliver and Support
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to the creation, delivery and support across the SVS and value streams
- Know how to create, deliver and support services
- Drive Stakeholder Value
- Understand how customer journeys are designed
- Know how to foster stakeholder relationships
- Know how to shape demand and define service offerings
- Know how to onboard and offboard customers and users
- Know how to act together to ensure continual value co-creation (service consumption / provisioning)
- Know how to realize and validate service value
- High Velocity IT
- Understand concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise, including the demand it places on IT
- Understand the digital product lifecycle in terms of the ITIL ‘operating model’
- Understand the importance of the ITIL guiding principles and other fundamental concepts for delivering high velocity IT
- Direct, Plan & Improve
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned, and know how to use key principles and methods of direction and planning in that context
- Understand the role of GRC and know how to integrate the principles and methods into the service value system
- Understand and know how to use the key principles and methods of Communication and Organizational Change Management to direction planning and improvement
Ready to find out more?
Contact us to learn more about the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition course and exam.